So while I was showering today – yeah, I do a lot of thinking while I’m showering – and came up with this idea that I’m gonna list what would make me really happy, and divide it into three categories: for myself, for my family, and for the world.
1. My favorite tennis players win Grand Slams
2. Michigan becomes the best college in the world
3. I become tall dark and handsome
4. Find my life’s purpose
5. Stay youthful and vibrant forever
6. Have more willpower to be a true and active Buddhist
7. To find the love of my life and have two children
8. To have friends who I can trust for life
For my family:
1. For my sister to be more mature
2. For my parents to be happy
3. For us to be closer
For the world:
1. For everybody to start caring about the environment and stop being so goddamn ignorant
2. For everybody to be happy.
3. For us to to develop a new source of energy
4. For everybody to be more service-minded and help those who are less fortunate
5. For all beings to be able to rid themselves of all kilesa
6. For everybody to be utilitarianists
7. For us all to be able to trust each other
Hmmm. That’s it for now. 8-3-7. Pretty good I’d say. It’ll change over time. I’d admire those who have a number like 3-5-12 or even 1-2-4.
What’s your number?